– Taylor, I think you might be a hater.
– I’m pretty sure I’m not one of those. However, I’ll give myself the benefit of the doubt and investigate a bit further.
– Found it! Let’s see. It says here that a hater’s “an individual that develops a strong aversion against another individual based solely on their subjective and personal opinions rather than objective merits. The origin of the contempt of a hater usually stems from the jealousy and/or resentment they have towards all the people who have managed to be more successful than them. Individuals who mock or “hate” others for justified reasons cannot legitimately be classified as haters, although many cowards try to rationalize their hate situation with vapid justifications. In many cases, their negativity reaches such extremes, it consumes their whole life.”
– That’s that, then. You are a hater.
– No, on the contrary. This exempts me from being a hater.
– What gives?
– A hater detests everyone that is more successful than he is. I, on the other hand, hate everyone equally.
– You hate everyone? Do you hate me, too?